Saturday, February 18, 2012

Another Mani Using Cheeky Plates

I have so many mani's yet to post, but this is the mani on my hands right now which I've decided to post.



When I was out Christmas shopping, one of my stops was at Ardene's as my DD wanted one of those never-ending scarf thingys. When I was paying, I seen a few polishes in bins at the check out and picked up a couple; this is the one I decided to wear when I did my nails last night. The brand is ACO and this is two coats of Royal Wink. Its a deep purple and dries satin, what you are seeing is with a coat of SV.



I can't remember how much these polishes were; the bottle says $3.50 but I seem to think they were 2/$6...anyway, a whole lot of gorgeousness even if I paid $3.50! My only fear is nail staining...I guess I'll know later when I take this mani off...maybe tonight or in a day or so (Edit: no staining when I removed this mani!). These pictures show the polish much brighter and lighter than it is in real life; it is pretty dark and deep, more in colour like the stamped pictures.

I also picked up a glitter which I put on to accent. This pix is with one coat of the accent glitter, ACO Confetti Glitter, but I actually did two...just couldn't get a good picture to post with two coats on.



Stamped using CH12 with Konad white stamping polish. This type of full image design, when you can see the base colour well, lots of opportunity to add some dots and glitter, is right up my alley....I could wear a variation of this mani for weeks all using the same image plate just by changing the base, stamping colours and dots! This type of design is exactly what I go for when I don't have lot of time to do my nails but it is so easy to jazz up to make a cool mani....my opinion of cool mani anyway!



After stamping, used CND Raspberry Parfait to dot center of the flowers.



Do you see my boo-boos? When I first stamped the image, I royally messed up the image on the tip of my index finger and because it was in such an obvious spot, I just took a bit of remover on a brush with acetone and took it off as you can see above..but then I thought I'd give a try on isolating one of the flowers and stamp one in...which I did as you can see from the pix below. On my ring finger, I did an extremely heavy dot on the little flower so I removed it too (look two pix up at the tip) and restamped a new one as you can see below.



I was browsing Amazon earlier today and seen that these Cheeky plates are back in stock at Amazon**. They are available for shipping within US. Amazon UK and DE also have them available (edit: Amazon UK only have 4 sets left and it seems that Amazon DE are sold out as noted by Chester. I believe US only has limited quantaties as well!). I had my plates delivered to a mail delivery store (UPS Store), then drove to Niagara Falls USA to pick them up...really the only option if you live in Canada unless you know someone in US who can have them delivered to their address and then ship them to you!

Hope you're having a great weekend....thanks for looking!

**Please note that I paid the invoiced amount in full for my plates. I do not endorse nor promote this website/etailer other than I am passing on the info of where I got them to those who may wish to know. I have no affiliation with any company and received no compensation for promotion of these products, nor am I promoting them...just letting fellow bloggers where they may be obtained should they be interested!

15 comments:

  1. As always. I love your stamping. It is very colorful and pretty. I really want to try these plates. I have to order soon before they are gone again. If anyone is interested in having these shipped internationally, I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you to the Nail Polish Tag. I thought it would be fun to see your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty mani!

    Btw, the set on amazon.de seems to be different. There are only 22 plates, there are both round and eight-sided plates, there are a lot more small designs and they are missing the full nail images (there are 16 plates with full nail images in the American set and none in the German one). Bummer since I got excited for a second. I wanted the Cheeky plates for the full nail designs :(

    But thanks for the heads up anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't see your boo boos as you say! I have not the patience to go back and perfect the design! This is so pretty! I agree with you, I prefer full nail stamps that I can jazz up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! I love the stamping =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chester: I guess this bundle of 26 set sold out as I know from my lst order from the Amazon US site that they were removed from the site once they weren't available; I see Amazon UK only has four sets left too.

    Can you order from Amazon UK? Or perhaps they will restock soon...it was only a couple weeks when Amazon US got them back...lets keep our fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the info! I was able to order them from Amazon UK :D

      Delete
  7. saw this posted in group, it's so dang cute! looks like a femm retro pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just perfect love it
    http://www.ksyustyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That manicure is beautiful! I was told by the people at cheeky to contact you for help on how to forward there product to canada. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!