Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Lilic Plates!!

 I received the newly released Lilic A03 and A04 plates a week or so ago.  Here's the mani I came up with.


Started with a base of China Glaze Wicked Style, two coats.  This is from the Electropop Collection.


Stamped using Konad white special polish using Lilic A04.  The very first nail I stamped was the middle finger; even though my nails are fairly long, I cut off a bit of the butterfly near the cuticle.  So when I did the ring finger, I eliminated the butterfly and just did the flowers and the tulips.  I used the sun from the dolphin design on the other plate, Lilic A03, and stamped it above the tulips.  I then stamped the butterfly design from Lilic 04 on my index finger...but again, even though my nails are fairly long, long got two of the three butterflies on the nail.  This is good news for anyone with reallyyyyy long nails...no double stamping needed!  I isolated the large butterfly from Lilic A04 and stamped it on my thumb along with one of them in the three image.  Also did a single butterfly on my pinky. 


I'm not 100% sure if my plate is typical, but the etching on the set of three butterflies, the large butterfly over the tulips and the flowers under the tulips is thick and deep.   I used the small butterflies three times and they all stamped the same.   I'm not sure why this is because you can see the perfect fine detail in the dotted lines under the butterfly.  The plate still stamps...you can make out the design, it would look nicer if the lines weren't as thick IMHO!  The tulips are thin; I'm not sure why the flowers and butterflies are so thick.  I have emailed the seller about the etching but haven't heard back yet.
Anyway, with spring in full swing, I decided to add a bit of colour to the mani and fun it up!  So added lots of dots to the flowers, grass and butterflies using Konad Apple Green, Sky Blue and Yellow special polish.  I don't know about you, but I see a sunny side up egg when I see that sun! lol!


Added a few accent dots a few of the nails using the Konad yellow stamping polish, then topped with SV.


Here's pix of the new plates.


Hope you're having a great weekend....thanks for looking!

21 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is adorable!

    I have some plates that have really deep, wide etching and they produce smeary images with no detail. Do. Not. Like! (*cough* Red Angel *cough*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! i am so jealous right now. i think these are the cutest nails i've ever seen!!!

    Shoetopia Giveaway -- 3 winners. Come and join! :D
    10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these designs are so cute!!! It's too bad they are not etched cleanly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this manicure. I think these images would be wayyy too large for my nails but they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEEEEEEeeee!!! These are so freaking cute!!! :'D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the design you came up with! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, I was going to do a design similar to this! You beat me to it! Apparently there are problems with the etching on these. Not sure what Aline will do about them but I know a lot of people are upset at it.. And yes my first thought was a sunny side egg in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome mani!
    Wow!
    This plate looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingers: I heard back from Aline...she said I should use less polish.(!)

    I have since stamped the palm tree design...its worse than this. I actually used three different stampers and five polishes...nothing stamped well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have no idea what I would do for that dolphin plate, I have never seen it before, your mani is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the first two Lilic's plates and I need to get these two soon. You did a super pretty manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a bright and happy mani! Some of those designs on the plates are quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where can I purchase the Lilac plates?
    Love the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello i need the lilic plat A04 where can I get this plate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello i need the lilic plat A04 where can I get this plate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jennifer, if you check the tab "Where I Get My Stuff", the link for the lilic plates is there; just email the gal! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where is the Where I get my stuff tab, I'd like to order the A05 plate, but can't find anything but pinterest posts of this brand.
    Thanks, Juanita Goss

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where is the where did I get my stuff tab, I can't find it. I'd like to order the A05 plate, but the only website beside this blog of this brand is pinterest posts.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!