Wednesday, July 4, 2012

'Fugly' from the China Glaze On Safari Collex


This is the mani I did using a few colours from the China Glaze On Safari collex that I picked up last week.


Started with a base of China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, two coats.  This pix has SV.


I can't believe I have this colour on my nails!  Of all the colours in the collection, I chose this one? I blame one of my nail blog friends and her love of fugly!  I don't want to say who this is, but I'm sure she'll know I'm referencing her as its a little joke we have between us!  I'm slowly turning to the 'fugly' side!  And as not to insult her or anyone else who may like this polish colour, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and while this is what I'd consider *fugly*, I appreciate and respect that it may not necessarily be the opinion of others. (And to be honest, I don't even know if my nail friend is a fan of this colour.  Maybe not? I'll have to wait and see for her comments if/when she posts about the collex.)  Each to their own.....whatever floats your boat.....I know not every one's a fan of nail art and stamping as I've seen my nails out there posted on boards with less than favourable comments.  Some blogger on QVC once linked one of my manis...and most of the comments were "not loving them/ not a fan/too busy/not for me" and the like...OK with me, everyone has their own likes and dislikes, their own style and opinion.   And trust me, I encourage my nail friend's love of fugly, as she knows!  I try to send her fuglies, er, I mean pretties....along with our swaps! lol!  It's our running joke!  (Well, my joke anyways!) And even a 'fugly' like this has a need to be in my stash as I can see it as a base for some fall and Halloween stamped mani's so I'm not disappointed I have it at all.  Embracing all the fuglies!!!!!!

Stamped using m57 using black Konad special polish.


Filled in a few random spots using China Glaze Desert Sun.  (Another 'fugly' but interestingly enough, I found myself liking this colour even more than some of the more traditional colours in the collex.)


Filled in a few more dots using China Glaze I Herd That. (Love this glitter!!)




Are you a fan of *fugly* colours?  I'd love to know your thoughts!  And nail friend, I hope I didn't offend you...it's not my intention at all.  :)


Thanks for looking!








16 comments:

  1. looks great but i agree it is kind of fugly, i definitely wouldn't buy this colour. I just ordered 3 from the collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The mani looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of the color, looks too much like something I wouldn't want to put my finger in. But, with the leopard print, it looks worlds better, kind of pretty.

    BTW, I love your bust stamped manicures. They have inspired me to be more bold in my nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great mani! I loooove so-called fugly colors because they tend to look marvelous with my skin. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colors were made for this mani :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ugly colors like this! Originally I wasn't going to buy this shade but I'm glad I did. It was another China Glaze, Trendsetter, that brought me over to the fugly side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha... not many can pull of a good fugly, I'm not one of them. Although I have a couple in my polish collection, I dare say they're brand new and haven't been opened yet :P After saying all that, your final design looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah that glitter is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually like this color :-) It is the most unique-looking khaki polish I've seen. It probably won't look good on my darker skin, but I got it anyway...I can use it for accents, right? BTW, I LOVE how your mani came out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow - I'm so jealous on your stamping - it looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a fan of these fugly colors! They make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning, i absolutely LOVE these xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fugly? I have no idea what you're talking about. ;) And yes, I did buy this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!