Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Holo-ween!

A huge thanks to nailXchange, who let me know last week that the local supplier of Color Club nail polishes in the GTA, Designer Cosmetics, had the Halo Hue collex in stock. While the winds and rains associated with Hurricane Sandy were pelting down last night, I thought I'd turn one of them into another Halloween mani; here's what I came up with.


Started with a base of Color Club Harp On It.  The pix below is one coat.


Added a second coat.  The pix below is without top coat.


These next couple of pix were taken will my iphone so I could send pix to all my friends to tell them to run to the mall now and get them! And its nice that they are relatively easy to find in our area complared to Layla's, Jades, or nearly impossible to find like the HTF OPI DS's!


A bottle shot.  I seriously cannot believe how holo these are! 


For stamping, I wanted to add an image that didn't cover all the holo but still with a Halloween theme, so added spider webs from T23 using black Konad special polish.


I'm not sure if my nails had moisturizer on them or if the thin lines on the web dried particularly fast, but I had quite a few of the webs mis-stamp.  I really botched the thumb nail so decided to add a few random spiders from T23 for cover and for some creepy spider interest.


To finish, used Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Diamond Flash Fast Dry Top Coat (aka the one in the black bottle) to coat.  I didn't notice any fading of the holo even with topcoat which was awesome!


Color Club Halo Hues are available locally at Designer Cosmetics at Bramalea City Centre or their Bay/Bloor location for $8.99 or 2/$16.99.  They are also available online via Color Club directly here; however, they do not ship internationally.  I also seen a FB update that Nail Polish Canada will also have them in stock as of Thursday, November 1, 2012!  Edited on Nov 2 2012 to add that Harlow & Company is also carrying Halo Hues!

Happy Holo-ween! 


11 comments:

  1. WOW. Amazing holo goodness. <3 Love the stamping you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing polish! :) love the stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, I love it with the design on top! I never think to do designs on a linear holo because I don't want to distract from it, but this proves me wrong - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I knew you could turn a holo into a Halloween mani! *claps*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn that is a nice holo! Great swatches and awesome stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always!!!

    I'm going to have to order these CC online because no one carries them here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Holo!!!! I neeeeeeeeeeeed this in my LIFE!
    Happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. greaaaaat *-*


    ♥♥♥
    natalijayasmina-b.blogspot.com
    ..follow me on facebook, bloglovin and gfc (?) thanks! :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! The holo is CRAZY and the spiderweb is so pretty! <3 Love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the little baby spiders! I did not get this holo collection-I own SO many holos but man you make them look so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!