Monday, October 15, 2012

Invasion Of......Bugs!

Warning!  Do not click if bugs and creepy crawlies give you the hebegebees!!

This weeks FB Adventures in Stamping challenge was Invasion Of.....and we could pick anything we thought was invading us.  So I came up with an Invasion of Bugs...because I thought it may be kinda cool to have some creepy crawlies and bugs as its so close to Halloween.  Here's what I came up with.


Regular lighting.



Started with a base of two coats of Essence #138, L.O.L.  This is one of the shades in their new style bottles available at Shoppers Drug Mart or Ulta.


Added two coats of Sally Hansen New Lengths Glow in the Dark. 


A GITD shot.


And another...I fine this pix very creepy!


Added a coat of Nina Ultra Pro Electric Slide and topped with SV.


Even though I've added another two coats of coatings on my nails since I applied the GITD, it still glows.  This old Sally Hansen is the best GITD polish that I've found.  I've sampled a bunch of them and this one works the best by far. At this point, I had 8 layers of polishes and base coats on, so I waited about half an hour before stamping to give the base a good chance to dry.


Stamped using W201 (bugs on middle finger and just below the worm on thumb is a partial stamp using same bug image), SdP 41 (fly on middle finger and thumb), Mash48 (worm on thumb), W230 (ant on index), T44 (bee on thumb), D23 (beetle on pinky), A05 (wasp on index), fauxnad m41 (centipede on ring) W207 (fly above worm on thumb) using black Konad stamping polish.


GITD pix.


To really make it a little bit more creepy and more along Halloween, I added random spiders from an image on T23 and stamped throughout.


Added a few random dots using CND polishes using CND Orange and Eclectic Purple.


Topped with SV.


Something that I was quite surprised with is how many images there are of bugs and creepy crawlies of some sort...even though I used 9 different plates here, I had several more picked out to use but ran out of space on my fingers.  And is it odd that I want that fly image in about 3 more different sizes?  Of all the images, and even though it freaks me out the most, I can think of so many times when I would use it! 

Thanks for looking!




6 comments:

  1. awesome! I love everything about this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuck, i hate it... i mean i love it, it looks so real :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! I love the first GITD pic the best - it almost looked real. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fantastic, really Halloweeny without being the usual Halloween stuff! Looks great in the dark too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!