Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Digit-al Dozen, Geek Week; Day 2

Are you a fan of Big Bang Theory?  I have to say, I love the show!  A mani around BBT would be perfect for Geek Week...but there was a nerd theme a few weeks ago in AiS and I did a BBT mani already here; then I thought, hmmm...what about a mani in tribute to Sheldon Cooper, the biggest geek ever....so decided to do a mani featuring the t-shirts worn by Sheldon Cooper!  Here's what I came up with!


Base polishes, starting at thumb and going clockwise are FingerPaints Blissfully Blue, FingerPaints Inkblot Blue, FingerPaints Black Expressionism, Duri Taming of the Shrew and FingerPaints Blue Raspberry Taffy; all two coats, topped with SV.


Stamped using BM305 (ring finger), FUN2 (index), MJ VI (pinky), D25 (middle) and DRK-A (thumb), using red Konad special polish and FUN stamping polishes in Mango Shake, Bubble Blue and Cotton Candy.


Added a couple words for filler using CH47.

Topped with SV. 


Here's pix of Sheldon in his t-shirts so this mani may make more sense...his t-shirts have their own little cult following!  I had to take some stamping liberties; for example, I could stamp the lime on the Batman image but purple didn't show up well, so just decided to do it yellow; and while I thought I had a massive Flash bolt like the t-shirt, I didn't and the multi bolts was the closest I could find. 



Thanks for looking!



7 comments:

  1. VERY CREATIVE and unique! Your totally went outside the box, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah, I need a Batman stamp! You never fail to have new and interesting stamps. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never watch TBBT because the hubs, being a rocket scientist and nerd, absolutely hates it. LOL... He is very critical of the whole thing. Anyway, great job interpreting a character into the design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!