Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Digit-al Dozen, Books; Day 2

Day 2 mani!


My mani is based upon the book I read entirely this past weekend, Live to Tell.  This was the first time I read any of the D.D. Warren stories and I must say, I'm going to hunt down a few more as it was one exciting...but gruesome....read!   In fact, there were a couple times early on that I thought I couldn't continue reading the book...not because of the killings but some of the graphic description of the actions of one of the characters harming others.  I'm not usually fan of these suspense type of books but was glad I stuck with it. 


Started with a base of two coats of OPI Bride's Bouquet; topped with SV.


Stamped using VL009 (thumb), Apipila P.2 (index), Apipila P.01 (middle), MJ XI (ring) and Chez Halloween 001 (pinky) using red Konad special polish.


Added body from MJ XVIII on index, gun from VL007 and knife from Cheeky Jumbo 7, Home Sweet Home plate using black Konad special polish.  (The first time I stamped the knife, it only transferred a bit so I had to restamp it and try to align it...did so so job but that is why there are two top lines.)


Topped with SV to finish.


I have to say that I generally never would have did a mani like this without the challenge...but glad that the challenge took me out of my stamping comfort zone...this is so often the case with the Digit-al Dozen challenges; I do a lot more mani's that I wouldn't have done otherwise!!

Here's the other ladies Day 2 mani's....they are utterly fantastic!  So much talent!





Thanks for looking!




12 comments:

  1. wow that looks awesome. i really love all of the detail you put into it. great job!

    the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome!!! Lisa Gardner is one of my Top 5 favourite authors, and DD is great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the whole mani of course, but your thumb is just AWESOME! I need that plate, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Those base stamps are soo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Every nail is awesome...but your thumb. Gah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely manicure.. perfect for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bloody mani! Really well executed, I think you need an alibi now.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of this book but I LOVE your design! It has a real noire feel to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mani has got to be so awesome! The thumbprint stamp on your thumb is so freaking cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED this book and all of Lisa Gardner's books-I highly recommend them. Also check out Erika Spindler, Lisa Jackson, Michael Connelly, john Connolly, Lee Childs, Harlan Coben and seriously try Daniel Silva-he is freakin amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your thumb!!! I'll have to look into this book; now that there's less things to watch on TV I'll have to seek out some murdery-crime stuff in books :p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!