Friday, June 21, 2013

Gradient Holo

While I reallllllyyyyyy wanted to do my 70's inspired nails a couple nights ago when I did this mani (yes, I'm still going to do them even though I'm very late for the FB AiS challenge), I know that are going to be very bright and funky (well, that's what I have planned in my head; hopefully, bright and funky translates onto my nails too!), I thought they wouldn't be that appropriate for a work meeting I had to attend, so decided to do nails somewhat more subdued.  My first thought was a neutral holo with subtle stamping which is how the mani started.... but I went a little further.....this is how they ended!


Started with a base of two coats of Aly's Dream Polish Unbleached (#61).


While this is pretty enough and like I said, I was just going to do some simple stamping on top of it, I decided to do a holo gradient so added two coats of Aly's Dream Polish Copper (#64) two on two thirds of the nail.  (If I had have had more time, I would have sponged these gradients on for a more subtle line of polishes and a more blended in look, but I knew I'd be stamping over it and didn't have the time to wait for drying, etc. for the sponging.)


Added two coats of Aly's Dream Polish Cherry Coke (#32) at the tips.  This has no topcoat, nor was topcoat used in between layers.


After waiting about 15 minutes (including 5 minutes under a hand dryer), I stamped with black Konad special polish using SdP 92. 


Topped with SV (after terrible cleanup, I see!).


Here's the mani in different lighting.  I'm still wearing this mani today; these pix are more accurate in colour but don't show the holo as well.


A pix taken outside the next day.  The holo is much more pronounced than shown though.  Not a very good pix unfortunately.


Aly's Dream Polishes are sold here! 

Even though these may not be ultra professional....or even a business neutral nail, I work in a somewhat relaxed business atmosphere so can pretty much do anything for work.  In any event, I'm sure these nails would have been more subtle than the bright and funky 70's I wanted to do!

Have a fantastic weekend...thanks for looking!


6 comments:

  1. Oh this design is so great! And holos just never seem to be as shiny on pictures as they are in real life, but they still look great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! I love these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely! I love the holo gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty! I need to do a gradient and stamp over it, I'm getting jealous of everyone else's manicures haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!