Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Digit-al Dozen; Day 3, Black n White

It's been a challenge to vary the designs for the black and white theme so they don't all look the same so when I sat down to do this mani, I thought I'd use texture polish to add a little variety to the mix versus the black and white creme's that I've used so far.  This is what I came up with. 



I was lucky enough to receive Barry M Nail Effect Lady as part of a lovely secret exchange package received recently.  It had been promptly added to my wishlist after lemming it severely upon seeing Crumpet's post here!  To minimize the number of coats I thought I'd have to do (to make it last longer!), I did one base coat of OPI My Boyfriend Scales walls and then topped with one coat of Barry M Nail Effect Lady on all fingers except accent, which is one coat of Kiko 646.  No topcoat.



Stamped using FUN black stamping polish using Big SdP P.



Topped with SV.



Here's a rare pix of my right hand; I actually think I stamped it better as the black and white contrast are more centered on the nail, so thought I'd share hangnails, bad cleanup and all!



I think this is a pretty effective mani and was checking my plate stash for more images that have this type of design but there aren't many images that have this half and half type of idea for an image.  I think we stampers need more!

Please be sure to check out of the other ladies awesome Day 3 mani's!

Thanks for looking!



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Nothing like a black and white mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamping is 100% flawless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely a fan of this manicure

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out really well, I'm amazed the stamp lines are so sharp on the textured surface...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooooove love that base, I agree with you! And your stamping is so crisp!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that stamping image is to die for! i must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Es precioso el estampado y muy elegante,!

    He creado El Gran Reto de la Navidad NailArt, Anímate!! (También en inglés!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the texture, and I'm so jealous of your stamping skills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I absolutely love this mani, your stamping is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that you used texture polishes! This is so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously!? Such flawless stamping!! TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, I absolutely love it! There really is something about textured polishes that look awesome with stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous nail art. I love the B&W glittery finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Just simply beautiful and classy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I need to figure out a way to get more black MoYou stamping polish since the UK can't mail out anymore! This is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!