Thursday, November 14, 2013

Digit-al Dozen; Day 4, Black n White


Back to black and white basics for Day 4 of the Black and White challenge.



Started with a base of two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (no pix as have shown before).

Stamped using assortment of images; MJ XXII (pinky), Handy 50 (thumb and middle finger), SdP D-20 (index), SdP 118 (ring) using black Konad special polish.



Added a little hat to the ring finger using an image from Handy 44. Then topped with HongKong QD topcoat.  For those who think or have heard it doesn't cause smear, well, as you can see, that's not the case.



See the wrinkles on the middle finger near the mouth?  This was because I had a really bad smear of black polish on the topcoat brush but I redragged it off to remove it.  In the process, there is an abundance of tc there...but I knew from past experience that the wrinkles would magically iron themselves out, which they did as you can see in the pix below.  There's also a fairly large topcoat smear on the index finger in the white void.  If you wait for the topcoat to try and take a very light hand with a brush, you can remove the smear with acetone, then topcoat again.



This is a little bland too for my taste; I wanted to add some silver stars or dots or something but was trying to keep it to black and white only.

Here's pix of a few of the plates used.

Handy 50  (I used the Charlie image on the top left hand corner.  It's a very cool image and says Chaplin along the side but I couldn't capture it on the nail as my nails are aren't very wide.  Perhaps on the thumb it may have fit but it was the only nail long enough to capture the full size image and even then, it barely fit on my nail!  It was bad timing using the full length Charle image so soon after cutting down my nails as I'm sure he would have fit on almost any of them otherwise.)


MJ XXII










SdP 118


Thanks for looking....and don't forget to check out the other ladies Day 4 mani's....I'm almost afraid to look myself to see what they have come up with today as I feel so unworthy because I'm just adding a few stamped imaged to my nails when they are doing off the charts freehand work and other awesomeness!


7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of black and white film with black and white nails-- I never would have thought of that, it's super clever!! (And of course your stamping is impeccable as always.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Your stamping plate collection is so impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea for this challenge! I am always blown away by your talent at placing multiple images on one nail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew there were so many awesome plates! Yet again great stamping work and I love that you added an extra little hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loooove Charlie Chapline! So cute. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. Love how each nail is different but follows the theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!