Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Canada Day Nails

I did a couple of Canada Day mani's for the occasion and while I shared on IG, unfortunately, didn't get around to sharing on the blog til now.  I still wish there was a plate that says "Happy Canada Day!"   Maybe in time for next year (crosses fingers and toes!)  Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot of plates to create Canada Day nails but I do try to come up with something a little different each year.  This is one of the mani's I was sporting the weekend before Canada Day at some local Canada Day festivities.  

Started with a base of three coats of OPI All Girls Love Diamonds, no topcoat. 


Decided to matte using Essie Matte About You.


Added assortment of images using red Konad special polish using plates fauxnad m56 (Canada Flag and large maple leaves and random placed Canada works, which are both part of the flag image) and Mash 26 (small maple leaves).


(all pix taken in natural light; either sun or shade as I did these while I was away for the weekend and no lighting set up!)

I had planned on leaving this matte but decided to topcoat using HKGirl to finish.


Thanks for looking!



3 comments:

  1. I would love to see a set of plates of your own designs--start with Happy Canada Day and go from there. Surely with all the technology advances custom stamping plates can't be that far from becoming a real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have computer files with images of suggested designs and have passed them onto some plate makers....my suggestions show up on plates occasionally! There is a gal on Etsy that makes a plate for around $30 for a small round disk; I would need around 25 of them though for my ideas! If the price came down, I could see a real market for this. I've often wondered in the local engraver would do an XL plate.....

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!