Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Re-creation of Digit-al Dozen; Day 3

It's still Digit-al Dozen week and we are still on recreating past mani's!  Here's my Day 3 recreation!



My nails are my attempt at the recreation here at Bee Polished.  I just realized I didn't do them in the same order which would have been better.  The placement of mine where decided upon by the stamp size and nail size; trying to figure out mainly what image would fit on the pinky.
.
Started with a base of OPI Tiramisu, two coats.


Stamped with MJ XXIII using Funky Fingers Dark Knight and MdU 22 and 23.  Sometimes I used them on their own, sometimes, I mixed the colours up if I wanted something a little different.


MJ XXIII







Added words on middle using MJ XXIII test plate.  The same words are on the MJ XXIII plate but they are bigger.


Added one last image on the thumb from the same MJ XIII test plate.


Top coated with KBShimmer to finish.  I did have plans to add random yellow dots; one, for colour interest and two, as tribute to Yellow Submarine, but ultimately left it as is.


I was kind of peeved at myself after I finished this as I found a more similar image to Bee's nails a day or so after when I was looking through my plates which would have been more true to the original mani.  Sorry, Bee!


Here's the other Day 3 recreated mani's of the other ladies!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!