Friday, December 4, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas Does Glitter/Flakies + Leopard

This weeks theme for 40 Great Nail Art Idea challenge is glitter/flakies; I had the added prompt of leopard. I've never seen a glitter/flakie leopard but love a challenge!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff, topped with one coat of Elevation Polish Aguja St. Exupery; this is no top coat.


This is topped with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  The flakies are faint but they are there!


For leopard, did an accent nail with a face (of what I hope is a) leopard using an image from ZZ Animal Print 3, with leopard print from Infinity 60 using Funky Fingers Dark Knight.  


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  This neutral look is my favourite!

ZZ Animal Print 3

Infinity 60


I wanted to go for a more realistic look, so decided to do some brush work; added blotches using China Glaze Desert Sun.


Did the face on the thumb simply by adding dots here and there with tip of brush.

Added in a few brushstrokes using China Glaze Kalahari Kiss to the four fingers and more dots on the face.  also painted eye on the thumb.


Finished with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  


Here's the other ladies glitter or flakies manis; there's lots of variety as we all have different prompts!


An InLinkz Link-up

Have a great weekend; thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!