Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Traditions; Day 2

It's Day 2 of Digit-al Dozen week with the theme of traditions.  This is another long standing tradition in our family; putting up stockings for Santa to fill on Christmas Eve.  Even the family dog has a stocking!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Earl Gray; this has no top coat.


Added coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.


Made a fireplace using images from Bunny Nails HD-I; stamping polish is Mundo de Unas Mdu 59.  I really liked the look on the middle and ring finger and was disappointed when it I got the fuller images on the inky and ring.  This might be the only time I'm happy when an image doesn't stamp as well as it should.  

Added top coat to all fingers except thumb in preparation of applying stamper decals.


Tried to make my fireplace a little bit more realistic by hand painting in some flames using Mdu 11, 53 and Girly Bits Fire Engine Red Stamping Polish. 


For the stockings, I had made stamper decals using images from BundleMonster BM-S219.  Stamping polishes used were all newly released Girly Bits stamping polishes; Girly Bits Fire Engine Red and Emerald, White Wedding.  Filled in the stamper decals using acrylic paints.


BundleMonster BM-S219

Added a line of string to the stockings then top coated.


Added a coat of Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs to finish.

This is my right hand which had the same base but different stamping.  Base is Sally Hansen Earl Gray then stamped using image from BunnyNails HD-I.  Stamping polish is Girly Bits Emerald and dotted using Girly Bits Fire Engine Red. 


Here's the other ladies Day 2 traditions mani's!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!