Thursday, December 3, 2015

For The Birds!

I picked up a few of the newly released L'Oreal polishes (in Canada anyway) at Shoppers Drug Mart last weekend. They look a lot like the Holiday 2015 Mad for Plaid collex that some bloggers from the US have posted, but the displays I seen online call the one I used Classic Rock and mine says Classic Check; I even went back to SDM before posting this but the display has no special name, just new colours. Unfortunately, I can't find any info online to verify they are the same polishes, just named differently, but I do know it has happened before so wouldn't be surprised.  

I must have been a little ill because the first colour that caught my eye was a fugly, L'Oreal Classic Check and had the immediate urge to wear it right away.  Unfortunately, it was a little too much fugly for me so I had to do some work on it but I do like how it ended up; this is what I came up with!


Start with a base of two coats of L'Oreal Classic Check.  Shown with no top coat.  I was expecting it to be a little bit more yellow then drab beige/greige/whatever this is; all I know is its not my colour and I needed to do something else with it lol!

Decided to do a sponged gradient using another polish that I had picked up at SDM at the same time; LACC 1969.  While I cannot say for sure, I get the feeling that SDM is discontinuing this line.  I've seen them for sale at a variety of locations anywhere from $7 to $9.69, down from their regular of $12.99 and the sale tags go to past the new year.  Again, I have no verification of this but seen the same thing happen with Nails Inc. so am speculating here.


While this was slightly better, it still needed a bit more.  Added gold flakies using OPI The Man With the Golden Gun.  While I usually brush it on, this time I decided to sponge it; the end result was way more flakies then I usually use and while I was initially ticked at myself for putting on too many flakies, when it all fiished, I think this was the right amount.  Sometimes, things just work out in the end.


Stamped using an image from Emily de Molly EDM19 using Funky Fingers Dark Knight.



Emily de Molly EDM19.

Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Thanks for looking!



6 comments:

  1. Lovely! But that plate isn't in stock! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of work but well worth it. This mani/design is gorgeous! Thank you for the wonderful review of how you accomplished this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually think that color looks stunning with your skin tone! But I adore the look you ended up with too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The final result is gorgeous as always!! I would mind getting some LACC polishes at that price. I'll have to check out the shoppers near me some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!