Thursday, December 10, 2015

Stamped Multicoloured Stripes

If you've seen the past mani's I've done using nail vinyls, you''ll know what my use of them is still a work in progress to say the least!.  I love the look of them though especially with multicolours, so thought I might be able to stamp on some lines using image plates better and faster.  To be honest, I but can't say for sure I accomplished either one of those things with these nails!   This is what I came up with!



Started with a base of two coats of Polish II Come Later.  This pix has no topcoat.  I found this polish at my local beauty supply for $2 and you can bet I picked up all my favourite colours!  They are a little on the thin side for application but I prefer that; but they build well and cleanup is a breeze!



Top coated.



For the stamping, used the lines from BP-L009 but turned them sideways to stamp.  I used three Mundo de Unas polishes, #1, #2 and #33.




These straight lines can be troublesome with squishy stampers; I didn't do too bad except on the middle finger.  Because I did these nails before work one morning, I decided I could live with them but if I had time, I would have removed the middle nail stamping and stamped again.



Top coated to finish.  I should add that while I found these easier to do then nail vinyls, they still aren't perfect, and on a hardness scale from 1 to 10, these would be an 11. There's just so much that can go wrong; applying the polish so that it intermingles onto another line, scraping is straight, picking it up then transferring it onto the nail straight AND  with the lines straight, not all over the place.  That being said, I might be giving nail vinyls another go lol!



I do like how these turned out thought; the imperfections aren't that noticeable in real life.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. I really like this manicure and I think it looks great! The base color you used is such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice:) Unfortunately, I cannot create such a beauty on my nails by myself:( But, thanks God, there is a wonderful beauty nail salon nearby. So, my hands are always well-groomed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!