Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Unorthodox Christmas Sweater Nails

These nails might win the Ugly Sweater Nails contest for being so ugly, but I love them!  I always try to think a little outside the box for at least one mani when doing seasonal or theme mani's and I think this is outside the box if nothing else!  I think they are really cool anyway!


Started with a base of three coats of KBShimmer Sugar Plum Faerie; this is shown without top coat.  This is a polish that really needs a coat of top coat for best results.


Added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top. 


Picking up the green glitter in the polish, stamped with Mundo de Unas 52 using images from Bundle Monster BM-S215 (middle) Ejiubas EJB-03 (thumb) and MoYou Festive Collection-06 (index, ring and pinky).  Two things of note; this particular Mdu is a skin stainer so do cleanup on each finger immediately after stamping; even though I did this, I still have hues of green on a couple fingers.  Also, because the polish is so thick, it is best to stamp, scrap then wait about 5 seconds before picking up the image to avoid fine spider lines.  I forgot to do this on the thumb which was the first finger I stamped but quickly remembered once I did the thumb so the rest of the nails aren't that bad lol.  It's not noticeable IRL but in macro, very obvious!


Bundle Monster BM-S215. 

Ejiubas EJB-03.  These plate are actually etched on both sides in case you are wondering why you are seeing so many images.  They are sold on Amazon here.





Finished with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top. 


I didn't want top bother with a lot of glitter removal even though I did a coat of glitter peel to help with the glitter removal so did my right hand slightly different.  This is OPI My Current Crush stamped using same plates.  Even though not traditional colours, I think they work well together; really liked how this turned out too!


Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. very nice manicure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! Not traditional Christmas colors at all, but your nails make it look like we should all be using green and purple, really cute "ugly sweater"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice "ugly" sweater mani!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!