Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Stamped Gradient

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or not, but as much as I love wearing all the holiday nails associated with Christmas, New Year's, ugly sweater nails, snowflakes, winter, etc, I was just itching to do a mani that was nothing related to anything closely resembling the holidays.  So I was searching my stash to use a polish for a mani and nothing seemed "right" to put on my nails.  I don't know about you, but I have to have a feel for something to put it on.  Anyway, I seen a bottle of Orly Bus Stop Crimson sitting on my table that I had pulled to wear for the holiday season but didn't get around to wearing it and that's what struck me as I had to put on my nails!  Even though I had set out to wear nothing remotely associated with the holidays, I picked another deep red to wear.  Duh!  But it was what I went with; here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Orly Bus Stop Crimson; no top coat.  I would suggest very thin coats; I applied my first coat as normal only to have polish puddle at the cuticle which lead to lots of clean up and we all know how hard it is to clean up a colour like this!  So very thin coats even if you have to do a third would be suggested.


Topped with a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.


Did a gradient of polishes on the plate using MdU 11, 32 and 66.  Image is from Infinity 158.


Topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.


Thanks for looking!


4 comments:

  1. Your mani is beautiful. And, hahah, even if you did use a red you had initially set aside for the holidays, it is spot-on as a base for your gorgeous stamping.
    Re: holiday nails. For the most part, I dislike them. I subscribe to a lot of nail blogs, have many Instagram accounts I follow and am in several FB nail groups. It seems that all I see for over three months are gory nails (the worst), turkey nails, and either snowflake or present/tree nails. Ugh. It has gotten to the point where, starting in September, I have to grit my teeth when I think of the coming onslaught. Hahah, it makes me feel like such a Grinch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how vibrant the stamping is on that dark base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the gradient pattern over the deep base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stamping really pops over this base!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!