Thursday, September 29, 2016

Fall in the Forest


Here's another fall mani that I did a couple nights ago!  


Started with a base of fall appropriate fuglies...well, these would have been real fuglies to me a few years ago but now, they are just, well, fall appropriate polishes!  Starting at thumb and going clockwise, polishes used are Pretty & Polished In the Buff, Sally Hansen Complete Miracle Gel Twiggy, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch, L'Oreal The Perfect Trench and L'Oreal 666 Very Absynthe; all are two coats except the pinky which was one, shown with no top coat. ( I also used L'Oreal 666 Very Absynthe as a stamping polish in another mani since this one and it worked well; I thought it would when the one coat gave great coverage!)


Added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top before stamping.  (Please disregard my index finger; I've been growing out a tear and injured nail on the index for months; it started way down at the cuticle and has been slowing growing out.  The little tear just hit the tip of the skin so when I returned from PolishCon, I cut my nails down and the index is filed funny at the corner where it was tearing so it wouldn't snag anything.  It makes my nails all mismatchy but I'd rather this then having to deal with the snag any longer.  And a little misshapen nail isn't going to stop me from doing my nails and sharing!  So this will pop up here and there until it fully grown out and I can shape it to match the rest again!) 


Stamped the forest using images from HK-06 and another plate using MdU 23 and 48.


My scraping of the images kinda mingled the stamping polishes where I didn't necessarily want them to go, so hand brushed in some of the branches with the dark brown here and there as needed.


Using same image from HK-06, stamped in the buck, doe and fawn using FunkyFingers Dark Knight.


Touched up the grass with MdU 48 and more branches on the thumb that I had overlooked when I did the other nails.


Looking through my stash, I found a glitter polish that had all the fall colours, named appropriately After All Its Fall by Lush Lacquer.  I took a little piece of sponge and dabbed it on so as to not get the clear base on the nail but that really didn't work that well.  I did that along with applying with a brush then moved a few pieces here and there with a toothpick to get the desired look.  If you wonder why some of the nails look texturey, thats why.


By far, my most favourite nail!!!!  I just love the base colour so much too; Pretty & Polished In the Buff that I picked up at PolishCon.



I did a couple more touch ups here and there including filling in the void on the buck on the thumb as well as a bit on the doe, then topped it all off with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


I thought the stamping and overall look would be better with a coat of matte, so topped with Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs the next morning; this is how I wore it out and about.


I have a couple more fall nails to share but am not sure how many more will make it to the blog as it will depend on time as it will soon be Digit-al Dozen challenge week and I need to start doing Halloween nails as it will be the 31st before you know it!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!