Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Vampy; Day 3

When my recent Pahlish order arrived, a trio of polishes looked like they might be a pretty cool base for Day 4 of the Digit-al Dozen Vampy challenge; here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Pahlish Cinnamon Apples, no top coat.


(Disregard the fugly nails in these next couple of pictures!)  I tried to do a sponged gradient using Pahlish Cinnamon Apples, Pumpkin Patch and Hoodies, Leaves and S'Mores but the base colours weren't really picking up; just the glitter and flakies.  So I brush applied bands of polish width wise the same polishes on each nail.  Not pretty at all but had to do fairly thick coats to  get some colour over the base polish.



Applied KBShimmer Clearly on Top before stamping.



At this point, I didn't know what to think.  The colours didn't seem to go well and they looked way too thick to be useable.  I was just going to remove the blobs of polish and go with something different, but decided to just use what I had already done even though it looked like a fail at this point.  So added leaves using an image from Born Pretty BP-19 using CND Gold Chrome.



Born Pretty BP-19



I actually didn't mind this mani once it had stamping on it; kinda covered up all the polish fail lol!  So decided to keep it on my nails; topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.



Different lighting but you can see the mani a little less vampy!




Here's the other ladies Day 3 vampy mani's!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. I love stamping over gradients! Adds such great depth to the mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it came out really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and everything compliments each other so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I don't think the base is a fail! The polishes look really neat together and the stamping helps bring it all together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!